What is our union doing to improve our working conditions?
AlbuCORE seeks to strengthen the contract, increase democracy within the union, build and empower membership and grow our relationships within the community.
Expand Union Democracy
- Term Limits for Elected Officers – two terms & that’s it
- Transparent Union Budget – open our books
- Direct Action Gets Results – mobilize the rank-and-file
Build Member Power and Involvement
- Dues On A Sliding Scale – equitable dues for all
- Fair Share Dues – if you’re protected by the union, support the union
- Contract Education For All – know your rights
Fight for a Stronger Contract
- Open Negotiations – open the doors and involve the members
- Reclaim Our Right to Strike – no more clipped wings in our contract
- Adequate and Equitable Prep and Collaboration Time for Teachers – all teachers
- Cost of Living Increases – stop the pay cuts
Strengthen Our Communities
- Defend Vulnerable Populations – safe schools for immigrant, refugee and LGBTQ students, staff & families
- Fight Budget Cuts – fully fund our schools
Albuquerque Caucus of Rank and File Educators (AlbuCORE) is an organization of social justice educators and unionists committed to creating schools and workplaces that advance economic justice, racial justice, and democracy. We call for equitable public education as a human right. We assert that the workplace rights of educators are an essential element of public education and that the well-being of communities in which our children live is as much a part of our mission as the work we do in our schools. If you are an educator who values union democracy & social justice we invite you to join us.