Join us in creating better educational environments and fighting for change!
A few of the things we’ve done so far:
- Organized the fight for a change in the High School Schedule
- Presented at a National Conference about how activism is professionalism
- Organized PARCC Pickets
- Organize site based study groups
- Made appointments with lawmakers and administered the DIBLES test to them
- Still fighting against the bubbling of Interim Assessments at the elementary school level
- Organized a study group around the book, Class Action: An Activist Teacher’s Handbook
- Pushed back against the PED’s formula for calculating school letter grades
- Organized speaking at APS Board Meetings
- CORE members and ACLU are suing the PED
- Check out the article in a recent issue of Rethinking Schools, featuring CORE members Michelle Perez and Amanda Short on their recent struggles around assessment and social justice at their school!
- Organized the burning of teacher evaluations
Interested in fighting along with us? Click on our contact page to get more information about joining our movement!